Girls are the key agents of change for Egypt’s future
Give a Girl the Gift
of a Secure Future
with an Education,
Job Skills & Healthcare
* Via Facebook today – Tuesday,
November 30th starting at 8.00 am (EST.)
This GivingTuesday only, your donation will multiply!
#GivingTuesday – A Global Matching Donation Challenge
Let’s do our share in building the ‘New’ Egypt by creating a lasting, transformative, and generational change. GirlsThriving™ stresses education as a way to break out of the cycle of extreme poverty. When we invest in educating girls, we are investing in advancing an entire nation, one girl at a time, one family at a time, one community at a time, one city at a time – for generations to come.
No other kind of investment yields a higher return.
- School Drop Outs – Poor girls are forced to drop out of school due to “At Risk” conditions. 30% of girls in Egypt will drop out of elementary school, and children as young as 10 are often their family’s only source of income.
- Fathers With Young Children Dying Early – Children are prematurely losing their fathers to poverty-related illnesses, accidents, abandonment or even terrorist attacks, and mothers are often forced to place them in orphanages because they are unable to care for them due to financial hardships and lack of education.
- Orphans Abandoned – Many orphanages take care of orphans until they reach age 15, then they are required to take care of themselves without any help.
- Outdated Traditions – Old traditions hold that it’s not important for girls to be schooled and and that their only purpose is to support the household (e.g., cleaning, chores) and to get married.
In LFO’s GirlsThriving™ Program, girls are given a mentor, curriculum, room and board, transportation, books, school supplies, personal hygiene supplies and much more.
Girls are taught valuable skills needed to earn a living in a career with a future and hope to become more self resilient and less dependent on others.
They become more self confidence and realize their full potential as a girl, woman, mother, citizen and wage earner. Girls learn proper hygiene and self care for better health. Girls who are more educated have less mother mortality at birth, lower infant mortality, more discretionary cash and are more likely to educate their own children, breaking the vicious poverty cycle. They are also better equipped for marriage and motherhood for better quality of life all around.
Every 1% increase in women with secondary education boosted a country’s annual per capita income by 0.3%. In Egypt, this would result in an increase of £450 million. – World Bank Study
Here’s How to Help:
■ Pray with us
Please continue prayer for our Orphans and those who are most at risk, our Servants serving them, and for all those around the world affected by the pandemic.
Please join us in unceasing prayer.
Please make a donation to ensure that the Orphans and those most at risk will continue to get their needs met during these uncertain times.
* The earlier you are able to make your donation, the more chances Facebook will match it! —Thank You!
We are strongest when our challenge is greatest.
“…My grace is sufficient for you: for my power is made perfect in weakness” -12 Cor 12:9
Light for Orphans is an International Relief and Development Organization that alleviates the suffering of the neediest of people in developing countries by empowering communities, strengthening health systems and providing emotional and spiritual support.
Light for Orphans is a non-profit, strictly humanitarian, tax-exempt 501(c) 3 non-profit organization registered in the State of New York since 2007. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.